11.16.20: Project #5: Open Project

 

I have honestly been quite stumped by figuring out what I am going to do with this open project. I am pretty sure I want to use photoshop as my medium. 

I think it would be interesting to create optical illusions, or anything that messes with the eye, and then possible animate it. I would like to try animation because I have't really experimented too much with that, so I'd like to see where it takes me. 

This is an example I think I will aim towards.

I would really appreciate any suggestions on artists that do something similarly to gain more inspiration.




Comments

  1. Your pixel art idea would be super epic to make a tiny movement animation of a character or something in a weird background. It reminds me of Super Paper Mario the game, or Terraria. Maybe the pixel character can explode and all the colors and pixels spread out to make a chaotic trippy visual at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good idea to take advantage of the open project to explore animation if you're interested in it! If you're looking to go down the pixel art/ animation route, you can check out my friend who does some. His twitter is @Dr3yd3n_ .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t have any good artist suggestions but I think this will be so cool. I like Maya’s idea! It gives me early 2000s adult swim vibes. Remember those strange shows and commercials that would play at like 4am? I’d always wake up to it and be so confused. Also, Rick and Morty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment