10.26.20: Project #3: Cyclical Nature Final

 


With this iteration I took into consideration what was said in our last class critique. Someone suggested to include subject matter that is more personal, and that got me thinking more about what my childhood meant to me. My first memories trail back to the summer and spring time, so I wanted to evoke that kind of seasonal feeling with my colors. Overall my composition to me feels dream like, as if my childhood was a time that's highly idealized. 

I would say I had quite the happy childhood and I think this composition sums up the joys and interests I had as a kid. 

Comments

  1. (Gaia Lawing, I don't know why it says my blog name is that). I think it looks really cool! It reminds me of a collage. The only crit I have is to maybe add something unifying in the bottom half, like maybe a darker background. Things feel a little separate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your image. I feel like the concept is clearly communicated and it is so pleasing to look at. I really feel like I'd print this image and put it on my wall somewhere. If I had to change one thing I think I would take out one of the overlay objects from the bottom left side to balance the image a bit more. It feel a little bottom heavy to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment