10.12.20: Statement

 I've narrowed down to go forward on this path of nostalgia, specifically towards our youthful years. In my my most recent iteration I included images of nature, plants, crayons, and this golden crystalized flower at the center. I want my golden crystalized flower to represent the youth in ourselves that sometimes never fades away, it's within in us even towards our adulthood. It's a contrast to the actual plants and nature that go through a cycle of life and death. Sometimes everything doesn't have to have an end. I also included crayons so my viewer could allude to the idea of youth or childhood, but other than that, there's not too much of a strong connection. 

I'm at the struggling stage again because I am having a hard time figuring out how I can produce an even bigger image with the ones I've taken. A step forward for me would be to take even more pictures, and continue to play and deconstruct my images even further to get something different. 

ONE WORD DESCRIPTION: Youth



Comments

  1. Hi Yesenia,

    I really like your idea! Some advice I can give you from my studies as an Art Education Major, is that the words "youth" and "Children" often mean different things to other people because we all have different assumptions of what "youth" and "children" should act like or what they are capable of. This ties into Phenomenology which is basically the study of first person perspective experiences.

    I do not know you personally so I do not know if this is possible, but an idea I can pitch to you is that maybe you could find some old family vacation photos of just photos of you as a child to pull inspiration from. You could find pictures of things that you liked as kid.

    I think this could be taken in a very abstract direction, and you could have a lot of fun with this.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I really love your concept of nostalgia! Maybe you could draw some simple birds that look like a "v" with crayon and then put it into your image as another detail? If you wanted some more nostalgic inspiration you should go and look at the toy isles at walmart. I feel like it could definitely bring back some memories. I can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment