9.29.20: Project #2: Destroy The Icon Finals

 My goal was to include the silhouettes of Marylin's arms and hands repeatedly throughout my final iterations because I want it to convey the control the media had over Marylin. It really wasn't up to her to decide she was degraded into an object. I also kept it consistent with a saturated and vibrant color palette because those colors signify intensity and powerful emotions. 


The main background of this piece is an old style movie theater, which I thought was fitting due to her movie life career. I also included the drape velvet image because it resembles a curtain, or even intimate fabric. The lace was also chosen for this reason. 


Here again I used two different old style movie theaters to compile a background. 



I think this image shows a little more force with the hands around the hair of Marylin, and along with the many reds. 


This one is the less dark of all my images because I mainly focused on creating patterns and showing that through various layers and blending modes. From the very beginning I wanted to create a pop art effect, so I wanted to emphasize that a little more with this one.


Comments